" fab fashion "

7/4/10

Bracelet Marathon & a Cherry Tart

Happy 4th of July everybody - be proud of our country, no matter what's going on...

I started out with one bracelet, ended up with five, still have to finish the other ones.  I was up late, as usual, until 1:00 am last night... going over my gemstone supplies and stuff and ended up putting these together - I was on a roll.  There are days when I just can't get my juices going, that's when you take aside and leave your workplace and clear out your head, so I laid out on the balcony for awhile.  Then it was dinner time, babyback pork ribs on the grill - they were delicious!  After dinner is when I started this bracelet-making marathon.  Pretty happy with the result.
Going over to friend's house for bbq tonite - of course, I have to bring some type of dessert.  Picked up fresh cherries at the farmer's market this morning, pitted them (yes, I have a cherry pitter - my friends think I'm crazy for doing this - told them "it is worth it")...you get on a roll with that cherry pitter, it works great.  I am it the kitchen now, smelling the "cherry almond tart" in the oven - it is 97 degrees outside, I am looking out the kitchen window at the people in the pool - no, I'm not jealous of them, I have my cherry tart and my beautiful bracelets... and someone else is cooking dinner tonite!

No comments:

Post a Comment